| || |
Peace through the truth : or, Essays on subjects connected with Dr. Pusey's Eirenicon
(Respecting the intellectual property of others is utmost important to us, we make every effort to make sure we only link to legitimate sites, such as those sites owned by authors and publishers. If you have any questions about these links, please contact us.)
1866. The author sends this book into the world with the intention, which as he hopes has all along dictated its composition, that the greater glory of God may be promoted, and many souls saved by their liberation from the bondage of heresy and schism, and their admission into the one fold under the One Shepherd. This work was first intended to be a series of essays written by several of the professors of St. Beuno's College.
Related Free eBooks
- A Reply To Dr. Lightfoot's Essays
- A letter to the Rev. E.B. Pusey, D.D. on his recent Eirenicon
- An inquiry into the connected uses of the principal means of attaining Christian truth : in eight sermons preached before the University of Oxford at the Bampton lecture for the year MDCCCXL
- The fathers versus Dr. Pusey : an exposure of his unfair treatment of their evidence on the doctrine of the real presence
- An answer to Dr. Pusey's challenge respecting the doctrine of the real presence : in which the doctrines of the Lord's Supper, as held by him, Roman and Greek Catholics, ritualists, and high Anglo-Catholics, are examined and shown to be contrary to the Holy Scriptures ; and to the teaching of the fathers of the first eight centuries, with the testimony of an ample Catena patrum of the same period (Volume 2)
- Mercy and judgment : last words on Christian eschatology with reference to Dr. Pusey's What is of faith?
- Modern hagiology : an examination of the nature and tendency of some legendary and devotional works lately published under the sanction of the Rev. J.H. Newman, the Rev. Dr. Pusey, and the Rev. F. Oakley Volume 1
- Dr. Pusey and the ancient church
- Mr. Kingsley and Dr. Newman : a correspondence on the question whether Dr. Newman teaches that truth is no virtue?
- Peace Betrayed? Essays On Pacifism And Politics
- Certain difficulties felt by Anglicans in Catholic teaching considered : in a letter addressed to the Rev. E.B. Pusey, on occasion of his Eirenicon of 1864 ; and in a letter addressed to the Duke of Norfolk, on occasion of Mr. Gladstone's Expostulation of 1874