Narratives Of The Witchcraft Cases, 1648-1706
by George Lincoln Burr
(Respecting the intellectual property of others is utmost important to us, we make every effort to make sure we only link to legitimate sites, such as those sites owned by authors and publishers. If you have any questions about these links, please contact us.)
Culminating in the notorious Salem witch trials of 1692, a rising tide of witchcraft hysteria flooded the Puritan communities of 17th-century New England. This volume recaptures the voices from both sides of the controversy with 13 original narratives by judges, ministers, the accused, and others involved in the trials and persecution of the accused.
Related Free eBooks
- On The Throne Of Sin: Spiritism And The Nature Of Man As Related To Demonism, Witchcraft, And Modern Spiritualism
- Narrative Of Facts In The Case Of Passmore Williamson
- Awful Disclosures, By Maria Monk, Of The Hotel Dieu Nunnery Of Montreal : Revised, With An Appendix Containing, Part I. Reception Of The First Editions. Part Ii. Sequel Of Her Narrative. Part Iii. Review Of The Case : Also, A Supplement, Giving More Particulars Of The Nunnery And Grounds
- Voodoos And Obeahs: Phases Of West India Witchcraft
- Irish Witchcraft And Demonology
- The Realness Of Witchcraft In America
- Salem Witchcraft: Comprising More Wonders Of The Invisible World, Collected By Robert Calef; And Wonders Of The Invisible World, Bu Cotton Mather, Together With Notes And Explanations
- Scot's Discovery Of Witchcraft
- Letters On Demonology And Witchcraft
- A Brief and True Narrative Of some Remarkable Passages Relating to sundry Persons Afflicted by Witchcraft, at Salem Village Which happened from the Nineteenth of March, to the Fifth of April, 1692. Collected by Deodat Lawson.