Calling The Shots: Immunization Finance Policies And Practices
by Committee On Immunization Finance Policies And Practices
(Respecting the intellectual property of others is utmost important to us, we make every effort to make sure we only link to legitimate sites, such as those sites owned by authors and publishers. If you have any questions about these links, please contact us.)
Americans often take for granted our nationwide system for immunization against infectious disease. Now this system is being weakened, by factors including reduced federal resources, increasing disadvantaged populations, a shift from public to private immunization services, and the impact of managed care.
Calling the Shots identifies the key roles of the national immunization system and evaluates how well these roles are fulfilled in the current health care climate. The committee recommends measures for strengthening the federal-state partnership that supports the system and suggests a specific strategy for funding this partnership.
This comprehensive volume, rich with data, examines:
* The evolution of the system in light of changing U.S. demographics, development of new vaccines, and other factors.
* The effectiveness of "Section 317" and other federal immunization initiatives.
* The condition of the infrastructure for control of infectious disease, surveillance of vaccines rates and safety, and efforts to sustain high coverage.
Provides an analysis of the finance strategies shaping the scope and quality of immunization services for children and adults. Explores areas such as, the evolution of the immunization system in light of changing U.S. demographics and other factors, role of federal and state governments, and the integration of public health and health finance efforts.
Related Free eBooks
- Setting The Course: A Strategic Vision For Immunization Finance -- Part 1: Summary Of The Chicago Workshop
- Immunization Safety Review: Multiple Immunizations And Immune Dysfunction
- The Lessons And The Legacy Of The Pew Health Policy Program
- Xenotransplantation: Science, Ethics, And Public Policy
- Setting Priorities For Clinical Practice Guidelines
- The Epidemiological Transition: Policy And Planning Implications For Developing Countries
- Guidelines For Clinical Practice: From Development To Use
- The Artificial Heart: Prototypes, Policies, And Patients
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: Directions For A New Program
- Immunization Safety Review: Influenza Vaccines And Neurological Complications
- Care Of The Elderly Patient: Policy Issues And Research Opportunities
- Pain And Disability: Clinical, Behavioral, And Public Policy Perspectives
- A Review Of The Department Of Energy Classification Policy And Practice
- Technology Policy And Practice In Africa
- Remarks On The Policy And Practice Of The United States And Great Britain In Their Treatment Of Indians
- Policies, Practices, And Procedures: A Handbook For Research Associateship Awardees
- Brownfields Policy and Practice, Fall 2005
- Linking Research And Public Health Practice: A Review Of Cdc's Program Of Centers For Research And Demonstration Of Health Promotion And Disease Prevention
- Information Trading: How Information Influences The Health Policy Process
- Immunization Safety Review: Vaccines And Autism
- Immunization Safety Review: Vaccinations And Sudden Unexpected Death In Infancy
- Setting The Course: A Strategic Vision For Immunization -- Part 4: Summary Of The Washington, D.c. Workshop
- Setting The Course: A Strategic Vision For Immunization -- Part 3: Summary Of The Los Angeles Workshop
- Immunization Safety Review: Hepatitis B Vaccine And Demyelinating Neurological Disorders
- Immunization Safety Review: Sv40 Contamination Of Polio Vaccine And Cancer
- Setting The Course: A Strategic Vision For Immunization -- Part 2: Summary Of The Austin Workshop
- Immunization Safety Review: Measles-mumps-rubella Vaccine And Autism
- Immunization Safety Review: Thimerosal - Containing Vaccines And Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Medicare Laboratory Payment Policy: Now And In The Future
- Non-heart-beating Organ Transplantation: Practice And Protocols
- Health Performance Measurement In The Public Sector: Principles And Policies For Implementing An Information Network
- Organ Procurement And Transplantation: Assessing Current Policies And The Potential Impact Of The Dhhs Final Rule
- Bridging The Gap Between Practice And Research: Forging Partnerships With Community-based Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- UK Aid Policy and Practice 1974-90