| || |
The Promise Of American Life
by Herbert Croly
(Respecting the intellectual property of others is utmost important to us, we make every effort to make sure we only link to legitimate sites, such as those sites owned by authors and publishers. If you have any questions about these links, please contact us.)
"Along with Tocqueville's Democracy in America, Croly's study is necessary reading for an understanding of political growth in the United States."
We have had many opportunities of hearing public speakers in America cast doubts upon the very existence of God and of Providence question the historic nature or veracity of the whole fabric of Christianity; but never has it been our fortune to catch the slightest whisper of doubt the slightest want of faith in the chief God of America unlimited belief in the future of America.
From the Publisher
COSIMO CLASSICS offers distinctive titles by the great authors and thinkers who have inspired, informed and engaged readers throughout the ages.
About the Author
American journalist HERBERT CROLY (1869-1930), one of the foremost political philosophers of the early 20th century, helped found The New Republic magazine in 1914.
Related Free eBooks
- Americans all; stories of American life of to-day
- The life of North American insects
- Beyond Promises: A Biblical Challenge to Promise Keepers
- An Unwilling Maid - Being the History of Certain Episodes during the American - Revolution in the Early Life of Mistress Betty Yorke, born Wolcott
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave, Written by Himself
- Lion And The Mouse, The; A Story of an American Life
- Frost's Laws and By-Laws of American Society - A condensed but thorough treatise on etiquette and its usages - in America, containing plain and reliable directions for - deportment in every situation in life
- Four Famous American Writers: Washington Irving, Edgar Allan Poe, - James Russell Lowell, Bayard Taylor - A Book for Young Americans
- Diversities Of American Life
- The Americans at home : pen-and-ink sketches of American men, manners and institutions (Volume 01)
- An American Idyll The Life Of Carleton H.Parker
- An American in the making, the life story of an immigrant
- The life and public services of Samuel Adams, being a narrative of his acts and opinions, and of his agency in producing and forwarding the American Revolution. With extracts from his correspondence, state papers, and political essays (Volume 01)
- History of the American clock business for the past sixty years, and life of Chauncey Jerome
- The hand of God in American history; a study of divine providence as seen in the life and mission of a nation
- Four American poets; William Cullen Bryant, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, John Greenleaf Whittier, Oliver Wendell Holmes; a book for young Americans
- Patton's concise history of the American people, from the discoveries of the continent to 1876, the centennial year of the nation's independence, giving a clear account of their political, military, moral, industrial and commercial life
- Brother Azarias : the life story of an American monk
- THE ARTS IN AMERICAN LIFE
- ANTI- INTELLECTUALIS M IN AMERICAN LIFE
- A Child's Anti-Slavery Book - Containing a Few Words About American Slave Children and Stories - of Slave-Life
- American Literary Centers (from Literature And Life)
- "The Dime Novel in American Life"
- Narrative Of The Life Of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave
- Narrative Of The Life And Adventures Of Henry Bibb, An American Slave, Written By Himself
- Fifty Years In Chains: Or, The Life Of An American Slave
- The Colored Patriots Of The American Revolution, With Sketches Of Several Distinguished Colored Persons; To Which Is Added A Brief Survey Of The Condition And Prospects Of Colored Americans
- Houses And House-life Of The American Aborigines
- Traits Of American-indian Life And Character
- Lineage, Life And Labors Of José Rizal, Philippine Patriot: A Study Of The Growth Of Free Ideas In The Trans-pacific American Territory
- American Jews And The Separationist Faith: The New Debate On Religion In Public Life
- Village Life In America, 1852-1872, Including The Period Of The American Civil War, As Told In The Diary Of A School-girl
- Tobacco Use Among U.s. Racial/ethnic Minority Groups: African Americans, American Indians And Alaska Natives, Asian Americans And Pacific Islanders, And Hispanics: A Report Of The Surgeon General
- Timothy Crump's Ward: A Story Of American Life
- Narrative of the life and adventures of Henry Bibb, an American slave, written by himself. With an introd. by Lucius C. Matlack.