| || |
Indian Wisdom Or Examples Of The Religious, Philosophical, And Ethical Doctrines Of The Hindus
by Monier Williams
(Respecting the intellectual property of others is utmost important to us, we make every effort to make sure we only link to legitimate sites, such as those sites owned by authors and publishers. If you have any questions about these links, please contact us.)
1876. Also found in this work is a brief history of the chief department of Sanskrit literature, and some account of the past and present condition of India, moral and intellectual. This volume attempts to supply a want, the existence of which has been impressed upon the author's mind by an inquiry often addressed to him as Boden Professor: Is it possible to obtain from any one book a good general idea of the character and contents of Sanskrit literature? This work also aims at imparting to educated Englishmen, by means of translations and explanations of portions of the sacred and philosophical literature of India, an insight into the minds, habits of thought and customs of the Hindus.
Related Free eBooks
- Indian Researches, Or, Facts Concerning The North American Indians, Including Notices Of Their Present State Of Improvement, In Their Social, Civil And Religious Condition; With Hints For Their Future Advancement
- An Historical Notice On The Difficulties Arisen Between The Seminary Of St. Sulpice Of Montreal And Certain Indians, At Oka, Lake Of Two Mountains: A Mere Case Of Right Of Property, "by No Means A Religious Question"
- A Brief Sketch Of The Efforts Of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Of The Religious Society Of Friends To Promote The Civilization And Improvement Of The Indians: Also Of The Present Condition Of The Tribes In The State Of New York
- Report Relating To The Affairs Of The Oka Indians Made To The Superintendent General Of Indian Affairs
- Adventures Of The Ojibbeway And Ioway Indians In England, France, And Belgium: Being Notes Of Eight Years' Travels And Residence In Europe With His North American Indian Collection
- An Indian Teacher Among Indians
- A Volume Of Eastern Studies And Indian Studies
- Indian Serpent-Lore Or The Nagas In Hindu Legend And Art
- The religious state : a digest of the doctrine of Suarez, contained in his treatise "De statÃ» religionis" Volume 1
- Characteristics From The Writings Of John Henry Newman, Being Selections Personal, Historical, Philosophical, And Religious, From His Various Works
- In Indian Tents : Stories Told By Penobscot, Passamaquoddy And Mimac Indians To Abby L. Alger
- Voyages And Travels Of An Indian Interpreter And Trader: Describing The Manners And Customs Of The North American Indians
- A View Of The Character, Manners, And Customs Of The North-americans: Comprehending An Accountof The Northern Indians, Of The Inhabitants Of Oonalashka And Nootka Sound, Of The Five Indian Nations Of Canada, Of The Inhabitants Of The United States, &c.
- A Selection Of Some Of The Most Interesting Narratives Of Outrages Committed By The Indians In Their Wars With The White People: Also, An Account Of Their Manners, Customs, Traditions, Religious Sentiments, Mode Of Warfare, Military Tactics, Discipline And Encampments, Treatment Of Prisoners, &c.
- The Indian Chief: An Account Of The Labours, Losses, Sufferings And Oppression Of Ke-zig-ko-e-ne-ne (david Sawyer), A Chief Of The Ojibbeway Indians In Canada West
- Are The Indians Dying Out? Preliminary Observations Relating To Indian Civilization And Education
- Traditions Of The North American Indians: Being A Second And Revised Edition Of Tales Of An Indian Camp
- On The Indian Trail: Stories Of Missionary Work Among The Cree And Saulteaux Indians
- A Narrative Of The Adventures And Sufferings Of John R. Jewitt, Only Survivor Of The Ship Boston During A Captivity Of Nearly Three Years Among The Indians Of Nootka Sound, With An Account Of The Manners, Mode Of Living And Religious Opinions Of The Natives
- The religious state : a digest of the doctrine of Suarez, contained in his treatise "De statÃ» religionis" Volume 2