|2020ok Directory of FREE Online Books and FREE eBooks|
A Brief Illustrated Guide To Understanding Islam
by I. A. Ibrahim
(Respecting the intellectual property of others is utmost important to us, we make every effort to make sure we only link to legitimate sites, such as those sites owned by authors and publishers. If you have any questions about these links, please contact us.)
Al Jumuah Magazine, Feb/Mar 1999 issue, p. 9
This is a unique book of dawah. It is written to introduce Islam to non-Muslims . . . The book was reviewed by a group of specialist to insure correctness and accuracy and is printed in color. It contains 43 illustrations
Islamic Horizons, Nov/Dec 1998 issue, p. 70
Among the latest such works is A Brief Illustrated Guide To Understanding Islam, and really brief for its 74 pages. This booklet packs within its cover a wealth of scientific information to highlight the truth of Islam. Author I. A. Ibrahim has consulted a wealth of references and a clutch of experts, especially in science to provide as clear a picture as possible on various aspects of Islam
This book is specifically written for non-Muslims to help them better understand Islam. Some of the topics in this book are: - Evidence that Islam is a true religion. - Proofs that the Qur'an is the literal word of God. - Scientific miracles in the Qur'an with scientific illustrations. - Why Muhammad is truly a prophet sent by God? - Some benefits of Islam. - General information on Islam. - Pillars of faith. - Correction of some misconceptions about Islam. - The status of women in Islam. - What Islam says about terrorism. Features of the book: 43 illustrations (39 in color); 76 colorful pages on glossy, coated, 115 gm paper; Laminated 350 gm cover; High quality printing; More than 375,000 copies have been printed.
About the Editors
Editor: I.A. Ibrahim
The first chapter, Some Evidence for the Truth of Islam, answers some important questions which some people ask:
- Is the Qur'an truly the literal word of God, revealed by Him? - Is Muhammad truly a prophet sent by God? - Is Islam truly a religion from God?
In this chapter, six kinds of evidence are mentioned:
1) The Scientific Miracles in the Holy Qur'an: This section discusses (with illustrations) some recently discovered scientific facts mentioned in the Holy Qur'an, which was revealed fourteen centuries ago.
2) The Great Challenge to Produce One Chapter Like the Chapters of the Holy Qur'an: In the Qur'an, God challenged all human beings to produce a single chapter like the chapters of the Qur'an. Ever since the Qur'an was revealed, fourteen centuries ago, until this day, no one has been able to meet this challenge, even though the smallest chapter in the Qur'an (Chapter 108) is only ten words.
3) Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of Muhammad, the Prophet of Islam: In this section, some of the Biblical prophecies on the advent of the Prophet Muhammad are discussed.
4) The Verses in the Qur'an That Mention Future Events Which Later Came to Pass: The Qur'an mentioned future events which later came to pass, for example, the victory of the Romans over the Persians.
5) Miracles Performed by the Prophet Muhammad: Many miracles were performed by the Prophet Muhammad. These miracles were witnessed by many people.
6) The Simple Life of Muhammad: This clearly indicates that Muhammad was not a false prophet who claimed prophethood to attain material gains, greatness, or power.
From these six kinds of evidence, we conclude that:
- The Qur'an must be the literal word of God, revealed by Him. - Muhammad is truly a prophet sent by God. - Islam is truly a religion from God.
If we would like to know if a religion is true or false, we should not depend on our emotions, feelings, or traditions. Rather, we should depend on our reason and intellect. When God sent the prophets, He supported them with miracles and evidence which proved that they were truly prophets sent by God and hence that the religion they came with is true.
The second chapter, Some Benefits of Islam, mentions some of the benefits that Islam provides for the individual, such as:
1) The Door to Eternal Paradise 2) Salvation from Hellfire 3) Real Happiness and Inner Peace 4) Forgiveness for All Previous Sins.
The third chapter, General Information on Islam, provides general information on Islam, corrects some misconceptions about it, and answers some commonly asked questions, such as:
- What does Islam say about terrorism? - What is the status of women in Islam?
Related Free eBooks