| || |
Sketches Of Young Gentlemen
by Charles Dickens
(Respecting the intellectual property of others is utmost important to us, we make every effort to make sure we only link to legitimate sites, such as those sites owned by authors and publishers. If you have any questions about these links, please contact us.)
Charles Dickens (1812-1870) has produced some of the most memorable writings in the English language, including such well known works as "A Christmas Carol, Sketches by Boz, A Tale of Two Cities, Oliver Twist, Daivid Copperfield, Great Expectations, and The Pickwick Papers.
Dickens is famous for the characters he created and his descriptions. A man of tremendous energy, he spent hours a day walking the London streets from which his characters and scenes came.
Most of Dickens' work was in magazine serial form. Quiet Vision publishes not only Dickens' well known works but also many of his lesser known but still well crafted works.
There is an amiable kind of young gentleman going about in society, upon whom, after much experience of him, and considerable turning over of the subject in our mind, we feel it our duty to affix the above appellation. Young ladies mildly call him a 'sarcastic' young gentleman, or a 'severe' young gentleman. We, who know better, beg to acquaint them with the fact, that he is merely a censorious young gentleman.
From the Publisher
This book is in Electronic Paperback Format. If you view this book on any of the computer systems below, it will look like a book. Simple to run, no program to install. Just put the CD in your CDROM drive and start reading. The simple easy to use interface is child tested at pre-school levels.
Windows 3.11, Windows/95, Windows/98, OS/2 and MacIntosh and Linux with Windows Emulation.
Includes Quiet Vision's Dynamic Index. the abilty to build a index for any set of characters or words.
Related Free eBooks
- Sketches Of Young Couples
- Mudfog And Other Sketches
- Young Adventure: A Book Of Poems
- Rodman The Keeper: Southern Sketches
- Our Nig: Or, Sketches From The Life Of A Free Black
- A Charge, Delivered May 17, 1757, At The First Anniversary Commencement In The College And Academy Of Philadelphia, To The Young Gentlemen Who Took Their Degrees On That Occasion
- Uncle Tom's Cabin, Young Folks Edition
- The Travellers: A Tale, Designed For Young People
- A New-england Tale: Or, Sketches Of New-england Character And Manners
- The Circus Boys On The Plains: Or, The Young Advance Agents Ahead Of The Show
- Three Young Knights
- Pine Ridge Plantation, Or, The Trials And Successes Of A Young Cotton Planter
- The Young Forester
- Poems And Sketches Of Nebraska
- My Native Land - The United States: its Wonders, its Beauties, and its People; - with Descriptive Notes, Character Sketches, Folk Lore, Traditions, - Legends and History, for the Amusement of the Old and the - Instruction of the Young
- Sketches by Boz, illustrative of everyday life and every-day people
- Sketches relative to the history and theory, but more especially to the practice of dancing ... Intended as hints to the young teachers of the art of dancing.
- Tales And Sketches
- Caxton's Book: A Collection Of Essays, Poems, Tales, And Sketches
- Elinor Wyllys: Or, The Young Folk Of Longbridge: A Tale
- Sketches By Boz
- Descriptive Sketches Of Nova Scotia, In Prose And Verse
- The Young Trailers
- Young Folks' Centennial Rhymes
- Sketches New And Old
- The Celebrated Jumping Frog Of Calaveras County, And Other Sketches
- The Curious Republic Of Gondour, And Other Whimsical Sketches
- Phoenixiana: Or, Sketches And Burlesques
- Young Lucretia, And Other Stories
- Northern Georgia Sketches
- Sketches Of Southern Life
- Free Joe, And Other Georgian Sketches
- Tales Of The Argonauts, And Other Sketches
- Our Old Home: A Series Of English Sketches
- Sketches And Studies