|2020ok Directory of FREE Online Books and FREE eBooks|
"Java Network Programming, 2nd Edition"
by Merlin Hughes, Michael Shoffner, Derek Hamner, and Maria Winslow
If you are the author or the publisher, and would like to link to your site here, please contact us.
A complete treatment of network programming and cryptography in Java.
From the Back Cover
The first edition of this book was acclaimed by readers as an outstanding networking reference (see last page inside). It provided complete details of the Java platform's support for networking and I/O with extensive API coverage and sophisticated examples.
With over 300 new pages, this second edition is further strengthened with complete coverage of Java 2 and new material on custom URL-related factories, Java I/O, RMI, Servlets and CORBA. To make room for this new material, first-edition sections on Java cryptography have been omitted. Java Network Programming goes will beyond simple examples to show how to develop robust, efficient real-world applications.
* Introduction to networking and Internet protocols
* Complete coverage of the Java networking and I/O APIs
* Details of multithreading and exception handling
* Byte, character, object and message streams
* IP, TCP, UDP, Multicast, HTTP, DNS, RMI, CORBA and Servlets
* Finger, DNS, HTTP and Ping clients and servers
* Multiprotocol chat systems and whiteboards
Related Free eBooks