|2020ok Directory of FREE Online Books and FREE eBooks|
Cryptography For Dummies
by Chey Cobb
(Respecting the intellectual property of others is utmost important to us, we make every effort to make sure we only link to legitimate sites, such as those sites owned by authors and publishers. If you have any questions about these links, please contact us.)
“…a useful guide for anyone bamboozled by encryption…” (PC Utilities, June 2004)
“The reader can dip into it whenever the mood takes them…” (MicroMart, 29th April 2004)
* Cryptography is the most effective way to achieve data security and is essential to e-commerce activities such as online shopping, stock trading, and banking
* This invaluable introduction to the basics of encryption covers everything from the terminology used in the field to specific technologies to the pros and cons of different implementations
* Discusses specific technologies that incorporate cryptography in their design, such as authentication methods, wireless encryption, e-commerce, and smart cards
* Based entirely on real-world issues and situations, the material provides instructions for already available technologies that readers can put to work immediately
* Expert author Chey Cobb is retired from the NRO, where she held a Top Secret security clearance, instructed employees of the CIA and NSA on computer security and helped develop the computer security policies used by all U.S. intelligence agencies
Guide to keeping your data safe with the latest security techniques, providing advice on choosing and using cryptography products. Softcover.
From the Back Cover
Get expert advice on choosing and using cryptography products
Protect yourself and your business from online eavesdroppers its easier than you think!
If you were hoping for a flame-throwing watch or a flying car, were sorry this isnt James Bonds equipment manual. Cryptography is a common-sense way to secure stuff on the Internet, and this friendly guidebook makes it easy to understand. Discover how you can protect information with keys, ciphers, PKIs, certificates, and more.
Praise for Cryptography For Dummies
"Cryptography is absolutely fundamental to security, personal privacy and a trusted global economy. Everyone, and I mean everyone, should understand how to protect themselves and how cryptography is used to protect the worlds most important asset: information. Given her extraordinary background and practical experience in network security, Chey Cobb is uniquely qualified to simplify the mystique of cryptography for the average person."
Discover how to:
About the Author
Chey Cobb, CISSP, author of Network Security For Dummies, was Chief Security Officer for a National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) overseas location. She is a nationally recognized computer security expert.
Related Free eBooks