| || |
Linux Timesaving Techniques For Dummies
by Susan Douglas and Korry Douglas
(Respecting the intellectual property of others is utmost important to us, we make every effort to make sure we only link to legitimate sites, such as those sites owned by authors and publishers. If you have any questions about these links, please contact us.)
- Formerly known as Red Hat Linux, the Fedora Core distribution is an excellent, no-cost alternative to Windows, Solaris, and other expensive operating systems
- Red Hat currently controls an estimated seventy percent of the Linux market in the U.S.
- This book gives experienced and first-time Fedora users sixty concise, step-by-step, timesaving techniques to help them perform tasks with Fedora more efficiently
- Organized by topic, the techniques are presented in the friendly, easy-to-understand For Dummies style, with a minimum of technical jargon
- The techniques run the gamut of end-user, system administration, and development tasks, ranging from desktop, file system, RPM, and database tips to Internet server, e-mail server, networking, system monitoring, security, and Linux kernel tricks
- Covers the latest release of Red Hat's Fedora Core distribution
From the Back Cover
Fine-tune Linux for peak performance and usability!
Over 60 techniques that help you save time by
- Controlling time-consuming tasks
- Improving your system security
- Getting the most from your file system
- Automating repetitive tasks
- Tweaking the kernel on your Linux system
- Networking like a professional
The Dummies Way
- Tricks and tips for working smarter
- Explanations in plain English
- "Get in, get out" information
- Contents arranged by technique
- Advice that goes beyond the basics
- A dash of humor and fun
About the Author
Susan Douglas is the CEO of Conjectrix, Inc., a software consulting firm specializing in database- and security-related issues. When she’s not busy at the computer, Susan is probably throwing pottery, glassblowing, or horseback riding.
Korry Douglas is the Director of Research and Development for Appx Software. When he’s not working on computers, he’s making elegant sawdust in the woodshop.
Together, they are the coauthors of Red Hat Linux Fedora Desktop For Dummies and PostgreSQL.
Susan and Korry enjoy life on a farm in rural Virginia where they raise horses and small livestock. They both telecommute, so they have more time to spend with their 200 or so animal friends. If they’re not at home, they’re out riding roller coasters.
Related Free eBooks