|2020ok Directory of FREE Online Books and FREE eBooks|
Professional Apache Tomcat
by Vivek Chopra, Sing Li, and Jeff Genender
(Respecting the intellectual property of others is utmost important to us, we make every effort to make sure we only link to legitimate sites, such as those sites owned by authors and publishers. If you have any questions about these links, please contact us.)
* Tomcat is the official reference implementation of Sun's servlet and JSP specifications, and Java developers must test all Web applications on Tomcat to ensure they work as designed
* Boasting more than 40 percent new and updated material, this book covers all the major new features affecting server administration and management
* Explores the additional built-in tools of Tomcat, which help Java developers program more efficiently, and looks at how Apache's other open source servlet/JSP technologies are designed to work with Tomcat
* Features full coverage of Release 6, which supports the latest JSP and servlet specifications: JSP 2.1 and Servlets 2.5
* Addresses solving real-world problems encountered during all phases of server administration, including managing class loaders and connectors, security, shared hosting and clustering, and system testing
From the Back Cover
With this comprehensive resource, you'll uncover the ins-and-outs of installing, configuring, and running the Apache Tomcat server. This book not only provides a line-by-line analysis of configuration options, but also explores the features and capabilities of Tomcat. You'll then gain the skills to solve the type of problems that arise during all phases of system administration, including shared hosting, security, system testing, and performance testing and tuning.
Focusing exclusively on Tomcat 6, the book takes you through all of the latest architectural and performance changes. You'll progress from basic Tomcat and web application configuration to more advanced techniques for clustering, JDBC connectivity, logging, and much more. All of this will help you effectively manage and administer your Tomcat deployment.
What you will learn from this book
Who this book is for
This book is for J2EE system administrators and Java developers who are responsible for Tomcat configuration, performance tuning, system security, or deployment architecture.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Related Free eBooks